- Question: Is there any risk with the herbal alcohol de-addiction drug if we give it to a person without his knowledge?
- Answer: No.It is absolutely safe even it is given without the knowledge of the patient.
- Question:How can we handle this medicine safely without the knowledge of the patient?
- Answer:This medicine is colourless, odourless and tasteless.So it is very easy to give it to the patient by mixing it with the food particle like 'health drinks' or 'curry'.
- Question:What will be the complication if any one of the family member or children swallow the medicine mixed food accidentally?
- Answer:This medicine will not act in non-alcoholics.So nothing will happen if the medicine is swallowed by others even children.
- Question:What will happen to the patient during the initial stage of treatment?
- Answer:The patient hates alcohol in the first week itself and use to avoid their alcoholic friends and tries to go home in time.
- Question:What will happen if the patient drinks alcohol during treatment?
- Answer:During treatment,if alcohol is taken by the patient, it will remain in the digestive tract without any change.It may cause vomiting feel or un-usual upper abdomen discomfort or dumbness.
- Question:Please tell the complication if the patient drinks regularly during the treatment?
- Answer:The patient withdraw alcohol within 10-15 days of treatment.He cannot continue alcohol freely during treatment or later. No more serious complications will occur except gastric discomfort if alcohol is taken during treatment.
- Question:What can we do if the patient is not responding to the medicine?
- Answer:Very good question...!!! Resistant cases may not respond to this drug initially during treatment.In this situation the dosage of the medicine should be increased.Double dose per day(2 packs of medicine/daily) for 1 or 2 weeks will be helpful for getting a good response. The dosage can be reduced later.
- Question:What is the reason for the tiredness felt by the patient during treatment?
- Answer:Some of the patients may feel a little tiredness during treatment.The tiredness is only due to the sudden fall of alcohol content in the blood.
- Question:How can we manage the patient when he is very tired during treatment?
- Answer:Fresh fruit juices and vegetable soups will regain the patient from tiredness immediately.
- Question:What will be the full course of treatment?
- Answer:The patient must take medicine daily for at least 3 months .Depends upon the patient the duration of treatment may be increased.
- Question:Will the patient use alcohol after treatment?
- Answer:The patient withdraw alcohol 100% if he get the full course of treatment.The patient must be in observation by the family members later to maintain alcohol free life.'Rarely' some patients consume alcohol even after 3 months course.For such exceptional cases,treatment should be continued later with intervals(weekly once or twice) for a fruitful result.
- Question:Will the patient get personality changes after treatment in addition to withdrawal of ALCOHOL?
- Answer:Sure..!!!The patient is humble in their activities after treatment and sincere with their routine works.They use to avoid their alcoholic friends and keep to spend with their family members.
"Questions from viewers"
are requested to