- Sinusitis is a very common problem among people nowadays.
- Sinusitis is an inflammation of the para nasal sinuses, which may or may not be as a result of infection, from bacterial, fungal, viral, allergic or autoimmune issues.
What is sinus?
- Sinuses are hollow air spaces, of which there are many in the human body.
- These cavities, located within the skull or bones of the head surrounding the nose.
- Frontal sinuses,Ethmoid sinus,Sphenoid sinus,and Maxillary sinus are the commonly known sinuses.
What is a sinus attack?
- Any infection or allergic reaction which cause swelling within the nose can affect the sinuses.
- The trapped air or pus or secretions within the obstructed sinus may cause pressure on the sinus wall result intense pain some times called SINUS ATTACK.
- The swollen membrane at the opening of sinuses which cause a vacuum without air entering in to the sinus also cause pain.
- It is common in every person during or followed by a viral infection.It can be easily managed by any medical practitioner with anti-histamines,antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Chronic sinusitis refers to inflammation of the sinuses that continues for at least 3 weeks, but often continues for months or even years.
- Patients with chronic sinusitis have *facial pain*head ache*bad breath *cough*nasal discharge*nasal congestion*heaviness of head etc.
- It is somehow difficult to manage with ordinary drugs.
Management in chronic Sinusitis:
- Usually the chronic sinusitis patients are treated with antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs during their recurrent attacks.
- "Daily hyper tonic saline nasal irrigation improves sinus-related quality of life, decreases symptoms, and decreases medication use in patients with frequent sinusitis,
- "For chronic or recurring sinusitis-ENT specialists suggest surgical correction.
- However, for most patients the surgical approach is not superior to appropriate medical treatment.
- A relatively recent advance in the treatment of sinusitis is a type of surgery called FESS - functional endoscopic sinus surgery.The major advantage in this method is that there is no incision carried out in the face oral cavity.
- Another recently developed treatment is Balloon Sinuplasty.Balloons in an attempt to expand the openings of the sinuses in a less invasive manner.
IN SIDDHA SYSTEM.......!!!
- In siddha system of medicine ,sinusitis is referred as "PEENISAM".
- There are 9 types of peenisam were dealt in the ancient siddha literature.
- The holy saints SIDDHARS have not left this disease only as an upper respiratory infection.
- But they gave special attention to this problem and classified widely.
- *Infective type,*Bleeding type,*Polyp type,*offencive type are some among them.
TREATMENT IN SIDDHA MEDICINE.....!!!
- In Siddha medicine,the treatment for chronic sinusitis differ to each and every individual.
- The treatment is based on the individuals, resistant power,metabolic demands and the thermic condition.
- Both INTERNAL and EXTERNAL medicines are essential in Siddha treatment to chronic sinusitis.
- External medicine for sinusitis include *Bath oil,*Fomentation,*Herbal Nasal drops,*Nasal powder,*Inhaler etc.
- The external medicine stabilize the thermic condition of Sinuses to the environment.
- This stability is very essential to prevent the recurrence.
- The latest studies relevant to the NASAL CORE TEMPERATURE is nothing but the evaluation of the above said temperature maintainace of nasal sinuses.
- Internal medicine helps to come down the infection.
- Both internal and external medicine help to cure the disease without recurrence.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:
- I have treated hundreds of chronic sinusitis cases of various aetiology in my Siddha practice with success.
- Majority of the patients were treated already in other systems.
- I can say with confidence that Siddha medicine will give MAXIMUM CURE in Chronic sinusitis patients, without any harmful effects.
- The patients with severe symptoms get relief in a short period of 10 to 15 days.
- But the full course of treatment will be up to 3 months according to the severity.
- External medicines are then continued to get full recovery.
- I can assure the patients with chronic sinusitis that they will get success in their treatment without fail except in rare incidents.