- Medicine is not merely a science but an art as well.
- The science of medicine is of fundamental importance to man's well-being and survival.
- Sage Agasthya is considered the patron saint of the Siddha system of medicine. He authored various texts in Siddha medicine which are available even today.
- The Siddha system of medicine is the oldest and was derived from the vegetable kingdom.
- There are two ancient systems of medicine in India SIDDHA- which flourished in the South and AYURVEDHA- which was prevalent in the North.
- These systems deal not merely with the body of man but also with the inner soul.
- The art of medicine is based on truth and as such it is a divine art not to be adulterated for the base purposes of money.
- The word Siddha comes from Siddhi which means an object to be attained or perfection of heavenly bliss.
- Siddhi generally refers to the Ashtama Siddh i.e. the eight supernatural powers.
- Those who attained or achieved these powers are known as the siddhars.
To read more.....click here http://www.hinduonnet.com/folio/fo0010/00100200.htm
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
"SIDDHA MEDICINE"- NOT MERE A MEDICINE. IT'S A LIFE STYLE.
Online Unicode Tamil TypePad ! By Suresh.
Click Here to get the UniTamil Pad. Just type in Phonetic English. Then Copy & Paste where you want.