- Kidney stones are small, solid masses formed when salts or minerals normally found in urine become solid crystals inside the kidney.
- Kidney stones are one of the most common disorders of the urinary tract and most painful condition of the urological disorders.
- They are usually painless when in the kidney but can cause severe pain as they travel from the kidneys to the bladder.
- An attack of this pain is called renal or ureteric colic.
- Kidney stone is a chronic disorder.
- It is usually silent for many years and suddenly causing it's typical pain which is excruciating.
- The clinical signs include-severe pain in the back,sudden abdominal spasms of pain,blood with urine,cloudy urine,increased frequency of urine,burning urination,fever and chills.
- The symptoms related Kidney stones differ with the location whether the stone is situated.
- The stone may be in the KIDNEYS,URETER,BLADDER,URETHRA etc.
- Calcium stones,Uric acid stones,Cysteine stones and Phosphate stones are commonly seen.
- Men are more prone than women, and around half of all people who had a kidney stone previously, will develop another stone within five years.
- Drugs like ''diuretics'',''antacids''and ''thyroid medications'', may induce kidney stones
- Eating a very high protein diet,Not drinking sufficient oral fluids,Regular dehydration(starvation also excessive sweating),Prolonged bed rest are also play important role in the stone formation.
- Treatment for Kidney stones in modern medicine include the following procedures such as Extracorporeal shock wavelithotripsy (ESWL),Ureteroscopic stone removal,Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL).
- All of the above are done in the surgical theatres.
- In Siddha system of medicine Kidney stone is called as ''KALLADAIPPU NOI''.
- Siddha literature deals a lot about the origin of the disease and it's treatment.Preventive and curative treatments are separately dealt in the Siddha texts.
IN MY CLINICAL PRACTICE.......!!!
- I have treated a lot of Kidney stone patients successfully by Siddha medicine.
- 5mm size to 14mm stones were treated.
- Each and every patient is investigated thoroughly.X-Ray(KUB),Ultra Sound Scanning(USG) of abdomen and pelvis,Urine analysis,Blood Tests, and relevant investigations are done in the patients and then treatment is given.
- After a course of at least 3 months, Ultrasound test is repeated and the other tests are carried as per the condition.
- In all of the cases, even in Grade-2 or Grade-3 'hydronephrosis'- rapid symptomatic relief is got within 3 to 5 days.
- Hydronephrosis become normal within 20 days in majority of cases.
- USG was repeated in 20 days in such cases with hydronephrosis and the clinical findings were observed closely to prevent serious complications like Uraemia etc.
- All of the cases were successfully treated and 'totally free' from their previous complaints.
- USG revealed normal reports in the later studies.
- It's a amazing truth....!!!
- I was failed in one patient out of all.
- The case,had stone in the lower Pelvis with 8 mm stone....which was not able to come out even after 5 months of treatment.
- But the good thing is that the patient have not suffered due to further pain attack.
- All of the patients were advised to take plenty of water (3 to 4 Ltrs/day) in their routine life to prevent further stone formation.
It's my kind advise that PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW the success rate of this case in SIDDHA and when ever surgery is indicated in such stones,don't neglect to try Siddha Medicine.......!!!