- This is about one of my delightful cases in my medical practice .
- The patient was an old woman of age65.
- She consulted me with her daughter before 5years(2003) with the following problems.
1.foul smelling and
2.blood stained vaginal discharge
3.pain in the low back and abdomen
5.loss of appetite and
- I have suspected malignant disorder (cancer).
- The patient seek ed remedy only for her foul smelling vaginal discharge.
- She also requested, not to treat her other existing problems.
- As this type of request is common among Indian people especially in woman,I neglected her request as usual and advised to consult the nearby Gynaecologist to rule out malignant disease.
*Ultra sound scanning,
*Pap smear test
*biopsy -were carried out.
Finally she was diagnosed as CANCER CERVIX STAGE-3 (INVASION UP TO POSTERIOR 1/3 OF VAGINA)
- The Gynaecologist suggested that,the patient was in critical condition.
- She also explained about the risk of surgery at that time.(DOING SURGERY IN STAGE-3 MAY AGGRAVATE THE SEVERITY OF DISEASE) and advised to treat her conservatively for some more years.
- The life-span of the old woman was declared for few more years to her family members.(Five-year survival rates are about 40%.as per text book of onchology).
- The patient consulted me again and discussed about cure in Siddha treatment.
- I have given my open reply that I could only treat the patient, but not assure a little.
- As there was no more effective treatment options even in other systems, they started Siddha medicine.
- I have treated her with effective anti-tumour drugs said as per ancient Siddha literature.
- Remarkable results, the patient got in the very first 15 days itself.
- The expected result of the patient which was the foul smell disappeared in 15 days.
- Gradually the other symptoms came down in the course.
- The patient got wonderful response after 3 months of treatment and began to do her routine works as earlier.
- Excessive vaginal discharge was completely nil after treatment.
- The patient was in un-expected pleasure.
- I advised her to continue medicines and haemetenics for some more months to get maximum results.
- Also suggested the patient to re-check and consult the Gynaecologist I've previously referred.
- But the patient collapsed my expectation and not agreed to go for further checkups.
- The patient terminated the treatment herself.
- I could not taste the "fruit of treatment" and really it was very bitter to me.
- Totally I forgot the patient then.
- I was really surprised on seeing the same patient last week at my consultation room with her daughter after 5 years.
- "SHE IS ALIVE YET".
- Now the patient is good looking and gained some weight also.
- Nobody can say now that she is a cancer patient.
- I have asked about her health.She answered with happy to all of my questions.
- Now "she is again having increased vaginal discharge- mixed with blood" since a month.
- No more foul smell at all now.
- She requested me to treat her problems now......
- Now, I am confused to treat this particular patient,
- "HOW TO TREAT THESE PATIENTS.......?"
- CAN ANYBODY ANSWER MY QUESTION?
(The patient is now again under my treatment)