What is Osteoarthritis?
- Osteoarthritis is a common type of arthritis that is caused by the breakdown and loss of the cartilage of one or more joints.
- Cartilage is a protein substance that serves as a "cushion" between the bones of the joints
- Osteoarthritis is also known as degenerative arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis commonly affects the large weight-bearing joints, such as the hips and knees.Hands, feet & spine also affected.
- Primary osteoarthritis is arthritis which have no known cause.
- When the cause of the osteoarthritis is known, the condition is referred to as secondary osteoarthritis.
- Osteoarthritis of the knees is often associated with obesity or a history of repeated injury.
- The most common symptom of osteoarthritis is pain in the affected joint(s) after repetitive use.
- Joint pain is usually worse later in the day.
- There can be swelling, warmth, and creaking of the affected joints.
- Pain and stiffness of the joints can also occur after long periods of inactivity.
X-rays of the affected joints,Arthroscope.Modern Treatment approach:
- There is no specific treatment to halt cartilage degeneration or to repair damaged cartilage in osteoarthritis.
- The goal of treatment in osteoarthritis is to reduce joint pain and inflammation while improving and maintaining joint function.
- NSAID-s are used to reduce pain and inflammation in the joints.
- Glucosamine and chondroitin,relieve symptoms of pain and stiffness.
- Total hip and total knee replacement surgery are now done in the orthopaedic hospitals nowadays commonly. Thanks to Medicine Net.com.
IN MY VIEW IN SIDDHA SYSTEM:
- In siddha system, Osteoarthritis is compared with "Azhal Keel Vatham".
- Usually the patients who like to take Siddha medicine are with very advanced damage in their joints.
- Many patients seek Siddha medicine,when the modern Orthopaedic experts suggest them for surgical correction after a long period of conservative management.
- It's really difficult and irritable to deal with these patients.
- The patients ask hundreds of cross questions like "Can you cure this?","Have you ever cured like these?","Will Siddha medicine cause negative side-effects?".
- Though it is not a task of a doctor to convince the patient before treatment,Siddha experts do that because the basic of Siddha Medicine is to treat the patient physically and mentally.
- The psychological stress of the patient is treated first with councelling and the physical treatment done later.
- In my Clinic I have treated hundreds of severely damaged Osteoarthritis patients with great success with effective Siddha medicines.
- Severe swelling and pain in the joints come to control in a short period of 40'days.
- I can proudly say that "SIDDHA MEDICINE HEAL OSTEO-ARTHRITIS SUCCESSFULLY".
- According to the condition the duration of treatment varies from 40 days to 3 months or more.
- Strict dietary regimen is advised to the patient.
- Cool items,tamarind,fried items & substances which digest hardly are strictly to be avoided in these cases.